CANADA HISTORY - Places-Homes

Bellevue House


Placeholder image

Bellevue House was built in 1840 by a retired grocer and leased to John A. Macdonald when he was a young rising lawyer from 1848 to 1849. It was built in the style of a Tuscan Villa from stuccoed brick with ornamental fretwork adorning the eaves. Macdonald and his first wife Isabella made this house their home. The interior has been extensively restored to reflect the period of Macdonald's habitation and is run by Parks Canada today.


Cite Article : Reference: www.canadahistory.com/sections/documents/documents.html

Source: NA



Placeholder image
Placeholder image